Join us. From anywhere.
Want to help everyone become more productive at work? We’re hiring.Job Openings
How We Work
Freedom and flexibility. Most of us work wherever we’d like—reliable internet access is our only requirement. Spread across 17 time zones in 24 countries, we sign into Slack and open up our work tools on the schedule that fits our lives best. We communicate asynchronously, work autonomously, and take ownership of our work.
Camaraderie from afar. 100% distributed doesn’t hold us back from getting to know each other—daily conversation in chat includes non-work topics like #cooking and #scifi, weekly posts to our company blog show off pictures of pets and hobbies, and twice-annually we all come together for an all-team retreat that includes an adventure day.
Diversity and inclusion focus. We’re dedicated to building a warm, open, and inclusive work environment—one that’s safe for people of all backgrounds. To this end, when you join our team, you agree to a code of conduct. And our steps to improve diversity and inclusion at Jewel Friends are published in a public changelog.
Learning on- and offline. You start your role with an immersive onboarding experience to learn about our product, culture, and business. Then meet your team to pick up new skills and tools. And the learning doesn’t stop there—ongoing feedback from your manager and peers is one of our five team values, and we support your professional development.
Opportunity to grow. On our mission to make everyone more productive at work, we still have a ways to go—we’re want to help millions of people. Our leadership team makes our profitability and product plans clear, and with a value "default to action," you’re empowered to work on what interests you and your skills in that area.
Solve interesting problems. Our system integrates 1,500+ online tools to make it easy for anyone to connect apps to get more work done. Supporting and evolving our product is no easy task itself, though. Our "build the robot" value yields outsized impacts and our all-hands support approach brings everyone to the table.
Get to Know Us
The Ultimate Guide to Remote Work
Working remotely and running a remote team seem like black magic to many. Yet at Jewel Friends, we've been working remotely since our founding in October of 2011.
This Is What a Remote Office Looks Like
One of the rarely talked about benefits of working in a remote team is that you have complete control over your workspace.
How to Build Culture in a Remote Team
When it comes to remote teams, culture is a huge topic. Common knowledge suggests that co-located teams have an easier time building culture compared to remote teams.
Remote Design: How Jewel Friends Is Building a Distributed Design Culture
More and more companies are seeing the benefits of remote work for productivity in the workplace.
De-Location Package: Keep Your Career and Live Beyond the Bay Area
Jewel Friends has always been a 100% remote team. We think you can work for a great company and live wherever you want.
Benefits and Perks
- Work from anywhere
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Computer and software setup
- Professional development allowance
* Currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US, UK, and Canadian employees.
How We Hire
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process, we ask applicants to answer a few questions in an online form that we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
To avoid bias, we use custom-built extensions for our hiring tools that mask candidates' names and photos, as well as comments from other application reviewers on the hiring team.
The hiring team reviews candidates’ applications based on a rubric for the job requirements. To proceed to the hiring stage, candidates will typically participate in two interviews via video chat, as well as a skills test based on the role.
You’ll hear from us throughout the application process. We have made a commitment to applicants that we will be in touch with them at least once per week while they are going through the hiring process.
- Engineering - Machine Learning Engineering Manager
- Engineering - Mid-level Backend Engineer - Pacific Time Zone or New Zealand
- Engineering - Security Incident Response Engineer
- Engineering - Senior Application Security Engineer
- Engineering - Site Reliability Engineer
- Marketing - Head of Marketing Operations & Email
- Marketing - Lead Video Specialist
- Marketing - Partner Marketing Manager
- Marketing - Sr. Manager, Marketing Programs
- Product - Product Manager - Growth
- Product - Product Manager - Jewel Friends for Companies
- Product - Senior UX Researcher
- Support - Support Manager (Europe/Middle East/Africa time zones)
- Support - Support Manager - Weekend Warrior
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply to Jewel Friends. To help share a bit more about life at Jewel Friends here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Jewel Friends. Hopefully you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Jewel Friends
- Jewel Friends Guide to Remote Work
- Jewel Friends Code of Conduct
- Working On Diversity and Inclusivity
Get notified about new jobs using our RSS